Bing Ads Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Bing Ads suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Bing Ads experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to bingads-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Bing Ads support team.

How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic log in to Bing Ads Community Blogs and Forum when logged in to Ads account

Why is it necessary to log in (with a different account) when posting in the Forums in the Bing Ads Community? Once logged in to manage my Ads account, I should be able to go to the Forums seamlessly to post questions. Integrating the two would make for a more vibrant and helpful forum.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make updating accounts in Editor faster.

Make updating accounts in Editor faster. Updating the keyword by match type feature takes 30 minutes for an account with 50 campaigns. I'm not technical enough to suggest a solution. I just know that I can't use Bing Ads if it takes 30 minutes to make an adjustment to a campaign.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Alternate standard video format for tutorials for those who do not have ability to use Silverlight.

Not everyone has or can install Silverlight such as myself.

Please consider a more universally acceptable video format for tutorials such as AVI, Flash or WMF.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • when y ou are adding new keywords to an existing campaign, if the keywords already exist, the system asks you to "fix" them. This is horribl

when y ou are adding new keywords to an existing campaign, if the keywords already exist, the system asks you to "fix" them. This is horrible.
            It should just ignore the duplicate keywords, instead of having to fix each keyword which already exists...it won't let us enter new keywords until all duplicate keywords are fixed.

Google Adwords doesn't do this since years...

Seems like almost a bug. but kills the desire to add new keywords.

Sanjay

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Open your ad platform for Asian countries especially for China

Open your ad platform for Asian countries especially for China

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Campains & Ad Groups/Settings/Excluded Keywords suggestion

On the prior version of adCenter, the excluded keywords list under Campaign/Settings and Ad Group/Settings were listed alphabetical, which made it easier to find if I wanted to remove a site from the list. Currently they appear in a random-looking order. I would like to suggest that they appear alphabetical by default, and/or that an option to sort them alphabetically be included.

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the quick response, Chris. I’ll make sure this suggestion gets to the right team for review and consideration.

• Deleted Items Total

Please, when we alter keyword match type -in field- do not move the performance information to "deleted items total "l. Keep it in "that" keyword field. Most Content Management Platforms are only collecting the search and campaign totals. so we can't see keyword performance for match types that we no longer participate in without pulling a keyword report..

8 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Budget settings

Please bring back the Monthly Standard Budget setting. Monthly now equals budget being too quickly consumed.

10 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Change the default column sort from ascending to descending to be same as industry standards

When you click on a column heading in Desktop, it should sort highest to lowest, not lowest to highest.

23 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • UI

Over the past year or so, I have made several detailed explanations of deficiences in the Bing interface. I have done this via the Web interface tool and over the telephone. What I noticed was Bing designers were very slow to respond. Not that any of these issues were difficult to fix; they were not. It wasn't a technical problem, it was a listening problem.

For a long time, Bing wasn't Chrome-compatible so it locked out many potential users. And the problem of forcing users to scroll back and forth horizontally was a Web design 101 failure. Waiting for users…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for continuing to provide us with your feedback! You should be able to click right on the keyword bid amount in the keyword tab to change it. Can you please tell me more about your end to end experience so I can better understand where the problem is? – Susan

• Add Nigeria to the list of countries served. 90% of us use yahoo. The growing ecommerce community need an adcenter that can geo target it

Add Nigeria to the list of countries served. 90% of us use yahoo. The growing ecommerce community need an adcenter that can geo target it

7 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Make specific suggestions on how to improve quality or relevance

Currently the system sends you to very generic Help screens when you want to improve Quality or relevance or optimize clicks. In most cases this information is so general that it doesn't provide helpful information. It would be nice to have a system that says something like the following: "Your quality is poor because the keyword doesn't match any text on your landing page. In order to improve quality of this keyword you need to relate it in a better way to the landing page. If you add 'xxxxxxxx' to your landing page you can potentially increase the quality by…

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pete, thanks for participating in the forum! Are you looking for general optimization tips or are you specifically trying to improve your quality score?

• add tablet targeting to the desktop

I can have a campaign target just tablets in the UI, but since the desktop doesn't have the option of just targeting tablets, when I sync the desktop and the UI, the campaign changes to target all computers, laptops and tablets

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • If there was a way to make my advertising-dollars work 100%, I could spend more.

I would like to see more information gathering about what the consumer likes or dislikes about my product like Facebook. Without info about that how can I modify/target my product accordingly? Otherwise, I am marketing to consumers based on what, if someone only knows how to administer adCenter? How can I invest in a system that is similar to running an ad in the newspaprers and they are going out of business because the ads don't work.

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Neil! Can you please give me a specific example of information you’d like to have available within adCenter?

• Option to filter out zero-conversion rows from the ConversionPerformanceReport

Since conversions may happen up to 45 days after a click, we end up downloading a massive amount of records we don't need to.

Having that option would greatly save us and you bandwidth and potentially processing power serving that information.

This is a conversion report after all. In the majority of cases the user is only interested in records with a least one conversion.

55 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      Started  ·  adCenterCPE, KellyBadCenterCPE, KellyB responded

Great suggestion! We have ongoing plans to improve our reporting experience, and it is very helpful for us to know what is most important to our users. Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback.

• Account Kick-off

When exploring within an account, the program often kicks me out. This has been a recurring problem for nearly a year now, which I had presented to AdCenter when the issue first presented itself in 2011.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know about this experience. Hope you don’t mind that I have a lot of questions. :) Is the system timing out while you’re exploring and then taking you back to a sign in page? Is this a consistent problem every time you’re in adCenter? Is there a certain page you navigate to that kicks you out? How long are you in the session before getting kicked out?

• advertise products sold in iTunes

Be able to advertise products sold in iTunes (apps/music) with clickable links to the iTunes store (like you can do in adwords click to download)

21 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Mobile Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          Started  ·  Bing AdsBing Ads responded

Thanks for the suggestion. The team has started looking at supporting app promotion ads.

• Dire need for Agency Management Feature improvements.

One, when an agency receives/accepts an invitation client accounts should be accessible to super admin & client admin from log in. Two "in-line steps/pop-ups that guide agencies/client's through the process. Three expand/customize Available reports for agencies in management of their clients. For example, Search Query Report. It is understandable that agencies have access to only certain aspects of their clients accounts. But they need enough available reporting to support them

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base