How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Allow bidding by CPA (cost per acquisition) instead of CPC

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. Allow bidding by CPA (cost per acquisition) instead of CPC. In Google Adwords we can do this. It really helps our ROI, since Adwords will adjust our bidding up or down, depending on what it takes to gets up a conversion. This would be great if Bing could implement something similar.

215 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Greg Holland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • 1pMobile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please - the sooner the better as a controlled CPA takes a lot of the guess work and management out of CPC etc. Let the algorithms, computers and AI do the work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why should we have to have an account manager?- we do our own stuff and do not need to pay someone else -this is ********

• Nigel Carr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should add ROAS bidding as well which is way better than CPA.

When you import Google ROAS campaigns in to Bing, they assign a crazy 15 times ppc bid for each product in a shopping campaign.

Example - I bid 30p/click and brought in a campaign changed to ROAS and Bing applied a bid of 4.92 per product!

Ouch!

• Priyo Mukherjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, It helpful for both Advertiser as well as Bing. Is there any update on this Suggestion? It has been 5 years since posted :)

This is very important. My spend (& conversions) doubled with Target CPA in Google so everyone wins.

• Gergo Szivos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We started to try out importing some of our campaigns from Adwords to Bing. In Adwords we are using Target CPA bidding as that one gave us the best results, but when as Bing doesn't support this bidding strategy the import of the bids turned the Target CPA-s values for CPC.
        Even if you are not supporting Target CPA it would be a good optional feature to use the prev. month's avg. cpc-s of keywords in AdWords as target keyword CPC-s in Bing after the import. The data is there, and could be used ideally even with a multiplier option. (e.g. using 110% or 80% of the avg cpc from adwords as target CPC-s in Bing.)

Almost 5 years and 429 votes later this is nowhere near to be launched. Terrible job Bing. We better stick on spending 3 times more with Adwords compared to you.

Along with Google's larger traffic pool, I think Google's conversion optimization algorithms are the biggest selling point AdWords has over Bing.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to choose between CPC (Charge per Click) or CPA (Cost-per-acquisition) be available in Bing Ads

• Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before Adword's offered conversion optimizer, they had eCPC, enhanced CPC, where you'll allow the system to increase your max bid on higher convertible traffic. An eCPC feature would be helpful as well

• Sumit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, it would be really helpful if Bing Ads starts Conversion Optimizer.

• Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently we are using Marin as a bid management tool to achieve our cpa goals and target margins.

• Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your competitor (Google) offers conversion optimizer with max cpa goals. Our team finds this tool very valuable, and Highly recommends Adcenter implementation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base