How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Change the language and market in an existing ad group

Currently, you can't change the language and marketing setting for an existing ad group. You can only set the language and market setting when you create a new ad group

216 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Admindareo (Admin, Bing Ads) responded  · 

This functionality will be available before the end of the summer. Please reach out to your account manager if interested in participating in the beta.

When launched you should be able to
    - specify language at campaign level
    - specify multiple languages for a campaign
    - modify the language settings of a campaign

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I exported my campains from Google,
        all texts, keywords - are in Russian language.
        Now I can't use anything ?
        Why !!!!!!!?????

• SM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then again, it took them three years just to respond to the question...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Bing for a lot of clients because of the great value for money, but given that everything is set to English when doing manual imports (on Adwords it makes sense to target to "all languages") we simply don't think it's worth the hassle anymore.

Just this issue has two major implications for Bing as an advertising-platform:
        - When autoselecting and limiting to "English" you miss out on a lot of advertising-spend.
        - Advertisers and agencies will make a cost/benefit analysis of the time spent fixing these things when importing from Adwords, and many will conclude that the time is better spent on other platforms.

• Ida Christine Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so frustrating not to be able to import campaigns and not trust the imports to be correct - especially by the language.
        I hope it's possible to chance very soon.

• Tobias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we experience the same problem as Niels. Only solution is to do the first import through the editor, since we can still change adgroup language before postin first time. Then we schedule adwords import on top of that.

Problem arrises when new things are added, meaning that we once in a while will have to delete all "english" adgroups and do a fresh import in the editor

• Niels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Import language settings correctly.
        The automatic import function from google adwords is great, if you're targeting english speaking people.
        We add products to our shop everyday and have a script running to add these products in adwords.
        We recently discovered the function to automate the import of adwords campaigns, but this doesn't seem to import any language settings from adwords. The default setting for the freshly imported new bing adgroups is 'english' and is also frozen, meaning that we can't change it to french, dutch, spanish or any other language if we wanted to.
        Can you please fix this and copy the language settings from adwords (at campaign level) and add this to the bing adgroups? And at least make us able to change the language, because the automatic import function is useless if we actually still have to do everything manually to make sure the settings are correct.

• Mauricio Orantes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad groups, once posted, language setting cannot be adjusted/changed. The work around is too create a duplication of the ad group and change the language BEFORE posting. This would need to be a major improvement if you could change the language settings like in Google.

The ability to only select one language at ad group level (as opposed to setting multiple languages at campaign level on Google) means that we miss out on a lot of traffic and frustrating for our clients.

Are there any plans to mirror Google in this respect?

• Bram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me to, I miss the possibility to change language settings, in my case to change settings form English to Dutch advertising for www.bramdenbieman.nl Some initiative would by highly appreciated dead Microsoft.

• Christoph Waldstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to the fact that I can just use a single language per ad group in Bing, but multilanguages at Google it would be really helpful if I could at least choose the language in the import function, before importing the Google campaigns to Bing Ads. This feature would be a big step to improve the import function.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I imported all of my campaigns from AdWords. Bing Ads changed the targeted language to English and I can't change it. I will have to manually recreate every single ad group. FML.

• Ranjith Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately we've uploaded bulk campaigns into Bing. We need to set up the language for each campaigns. But We couldn't edit after creating a campaigns. It would be great if we've additional options like language.

• Parvis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I totally agree this suggestion will be a very useful part of Bing ad. In my case my business is in Thailand and I am targeting Thai speaking people. However Bing does not serve this language and does not give the ability to choose multiple languages at campaign or ad group level, for the benefit both end user and the advertiser.

Hopefully this feature will be added to Bing very soon as it can help many advertisers to capture more traffic and serve out end users better.

• Sabrina Marais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, The fact that Adwords campaigns are uploaded into BAE or Bing Ads, language is often set as English by default. I've had advertisers complaining as their adwords file is well set with the proper language. This issue is, no Ad is running, and if we want to change the language, we have to export and import completely again the file. Note this is time consuming, a bad experience for the customer and we lose history of the account doing this. This is an important feature which could be release easily in BAE. Thanks to take this into consideration.

• Robin Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are significant ad-serving restrictions on the Bing Ads platform, where language settings set at ad group level determine which publisher domain ads can serve on, as well as determining what types of characters are allowed in keywords and ad copy.

The ability to only select one language at ad group level (as opposed to setting multiple languages at campaign level on Google) inevitably means that we miss out on a lot of traffic. There is no official way, as yet, to serve, for example, French language ads on .com or .co.uk, or English language ads on .fr or .es. This is impractical given the likelihood of French residents in the UK to carry out a search in French on www.bing.co.uk, or English expats in Spain to search in English on www.bing.es. There are numerous other examples.

Are there any plans to mirror Google in this respect, so that we can serve foreign language ads on all SERPS, instead of being limited by the current ad group level restrictions?

Feedback and Knowledge Base