How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Show search terms that received impressions but zero clicks (zero click search queries)

It would be super useful to have a report of search terms that generated impressions but zero/no clicks aka zero click search queries.

This would be beneficial because:

1) We could find negative keywords to add to our campaigns without incurring the cost of paying for undesirable clicks

2) We could find new search terms to target even if those search terms got no clicks.

3) we could improve CTR by improving the relevancy of the search terms to our keywords

4) we could improve Quality Scores by making sure the search terms are relevant to our keywords

This zero-click impressions feature used to exist but Bing support has informed me that it has been removed.

In fact, here's an article from 2014 highlighting this Bing feature:

http://searchengineland.com/bing-ads-now-shows-zero-click-search-queries-offers-20-40x-data-186870

From the article: "Focusing in on these terms can help advertisers improve click-through rates and quality scores."

In speaking with Bing support, I was told that this kind of report could be quite resource intensive because of the sheer number of impressions that are generated each day.

To address this concern, it doesn't matter if this report would take longer to generate than a normal search term report. This report could run overnight and generate a list of zero-click search terms for the previous day that you can look through the report in the morning. So it doesn't have to be in real time.

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)