How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

mainline bids

Currently when you select "edit" at the keyword level to increase bids, it only gives the option to increase to "Top of Page" or "First Page", but it gives estimates in the grid for best position, mainline and first page. It would be great to have all three options available. It also doesn't distinguish if "Top of Page" is "mainline" or "best position" so t the terminology is different and confusing for customers.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tess Milligan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alicia F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be aggressive to change bids to "best position" but having the option would definitely help, especially in accounts where traffic is limited. Please add the feature to allow editing bids to "increase to best position bid"

• Arianne Donoghue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Tess on this - sometimes I want to make sure I'm in the mainline, but may not want to pay the premium for best. Would be lovely and efficient to have a way to do this in bulk.

Clarification on what "Raise keywords to their top of page bid estimates" means would be good too, as I'm still not sure whether that means mainline or best.

• Ji Bian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Tess,

This is Ji, the pm of bid/budget suggestions. This is google parity feature. I assume that google consider it would be so aggressive to bulk raise the bid to best position. For the confusion of "top of page", this is a good suggestion. i will contact with UI team to optimize it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base