How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Ability to remove inactive/deleted accounts from a customer shell.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kate Dillewaard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent 38 minutes on the phone with them trying to get old accounts deleted. After an hour of trying to explain I wanted them completely gone I got "oh the accounts will always stay in your agency account in case you need them again."

These are clients we no longer work with. I don't need their information. I don't want to see it when I'm working on all of my other clients.

• Alicia F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working at an agency, we continue to add and work on new accounts. It would be easier if we can remove accounts created on the MCC (as they cannot be unlinked and currently remain on the UI forever). This way, it would take less management time to go through the accounts to make sure they are all current. It would also cause less confusion.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been requested by clients too, in order to manage active accounts easily

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately I don't believe he is talking about Bing Ads Editor. I have multiple accounts which have been deleted or unlinked in my agency account, and they all still show up in my account as "Inactive." It's highly frustrating and it clutters the account list. There is currently no way to remove or hide the inactive accounts from view, even in Bing Ads Editor.

• AdminDevang Gandhi (Admin, Bing Ads) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In editor, you can remove the inactive accounts that you have downloaded. Once you do that, those accounts will not show in the account selection drop down menu. You can remove accounts from File menu > Remove account. Hope this helps!

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to remove inactive accounts from view, so they aren't visible within the drop down menu. I have different accounts a a few inactive ones, which always show.

It would be better if we can hide them from the drop down and account list, and have the inactive accounts listed in their own menu so they can be re-activated if possible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base