How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Agency access to credit card information

As an agency the existing setup is very frustrating. Clients (small and large) give us their credit card information, and ask us to take care of their accounts.

Unfortunately from the agency sign in, we have no access to the billing information. {In fact from the agency account, the software shows no billing has been setup.} Instead we need to log in with the client's email address, correct any card issues, and then return as the agency.

This sounds like not a big deal. But many agencies, like us, manage 25 to 30 clients. With that many clients, almost every week there is an issue with a credit card where we need to change the expiration date, change the billing address, or switch cards (thanks to Target, Home Depot, Staples, etc., not keeping the data secure.)

Brand X allows the agency to have full control of billing, as well as the reports, etc.

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[posting it in behalf of client]
    To Bing Ads,
    I'm a small fish in the grand scheme of things, but am a big advocate of Bing Ads and bringing new customers on board.
    Unfortunately, even setting up a new account presents problems for me as clients expect us take care of these sorts of tasks.
    Agencies can be your biggest voices for adoption of the platform, and I hope you can help facilitate their needs, Bing Ads,

• Alicia F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, there should be a way to verify that payment method is set up correctly even if it wasn't added under the agency. If the agency has access to an account, under Payment Methods - Add Card, it should not read "No available payment methods yet?" if there is in fact a card on file. Again, it would be helpful to display the credit card info (even if it's partially blocked) or even a message explaining limited access instead.

• Alicia F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are finding the same issue with managing payment methods for clients. It would also be useful to have this info displayed in the agency shell's Accounts & Billing panel where all client info is summarized. A column for credit card number (even if it's just the last 4 digits), a column for expiry date, and a column for name on card would be useful for verifying the most current payment method.

• Clayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agreed. With Google Adwords, the clients' admin user goes to the "users" menu. Then they simply toggle a button for the agency MCC that says something like "give them admin rights for my account". Then agencies can update the clients' billing info for them if necessary, and update user access levels (for that account only) through their agency login.

Feedback and Knowledge Base