Bing Ads Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Bing Ads suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Bing Ads experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to bingads-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Bing Ads support team.

How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I was scammed out of $200 by Bing Ads promotion

Bing Ads sent me a promotional email on March 22, 2017 offering me $200 of "free advertising." The email included a Sign Up Now link, which I followed about a month later to create a new account. I assumed the $200 credit would be applied to my account.

Today, May 26, I reviewed my credit card statements, and was shocked to see charges over $150 from Bing Ads. I called support, and they told me I never applied a coupon code to the account. I had no idea I needed to do this. I went back and looked at the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • conversion segmentation by type

Allow for advertisers to add multiple conversion columns in in the UI where there are more than one type of conversion. Many clients get confused when they see the aggregate of conversions in one column.

104 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        11 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please Undo Desktop/Laptop and Tablet Combined Targeting

I appreciate the fact that Bing Ads is doing everything possible to make the user experience a good one.

However, the merger of desktop/laptop and tablet targeting under one category has proven to be extremely detrimental to our campaigns as the two simply do not convert at same rate, and as a result the non-productive device is consuming precious campaign budgeting that was well spent on the productive device; thus this newly combined device targeting is making campaigns unsustainable from an ROI standpoint.

As an alternative to undoing the device targeting merger, please consider adding bid reduction/increase functionality to both…

331 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Started  ·  18 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow bidding by CPA (cost per acquisition) instead of CPC

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. Allow bidding by CPA (cost per acquisition) instead of CPC. In Google Adwords we can do this. It really helps our ROI, since Adwords will adjust our bidding up or down, depending on what it takes to gets up a conversion. This would be great if Bing could implement something similar.

490 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            14 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for letting us know type of automation is valuable to you. We appreciate your input and may reach out to you for more information in the future!

• Provide a Google Click ID Equivalent - (It's already behind the scenes as the msclkid param)

Using the param {msclkid} in a similar way to the Google Click ID would be increadibly useful for offline conversion tracking.

The msclkid is the parameter that is used behind the scenes already although it doesn't currently track click success rate, which decreases it's usefulness as a passable param.

Once we can pass along the clickID we need to be able to access the clickID via either the API or the UI to take advantage of the information.

To take it one step closer to "very useful", being able to then upload conversions with an associated click ID then make…

666 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              38 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Custom Combinations for Audiences

I'd like to be able to create Custom Combinations for Audiences in Bing Ads.

At the moment I have lists set up for 30, 90 and 180 days duration, but I'd like to combine these as some users will fall into all 3 lists.

I'd love to be able to create a list for users who came to my site between 31-90 and 91-180 days ago - as I want to bid differently on them vs my 30 day audience.

The ability to create custom combinations using and/or/excluding would be a huge help - as you could also create a…

12 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Sale Countdown Timer

Moving into the holidays, other partners allow for countdown timers for promotional offers. Example- "sale ends in 3 hours/4 days" This would be an interesting additional to our text and shopping ads.

60 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing this feedback. We’ve started work on providing this functionality and it should be available for testing in the coming months.

• Not getting the BILL ME NOW button.

I think the title explains itself. Just disappeared. It's not there anymore.

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • make it possible to change target language in ad groups or campaign! at least somewhere!

make it possible to change target language in ad groups or campaign! at least somewhere! it is right now not possible to change language targetting at all!

16 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this. We’re working on enabling the ability to set and change target language at the campaign level.

• Please activate Dynamic Search Ads

Just like Google: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6049664?hl=en&rd=1

I know I know... and I'm very sorry for the comparison...

149 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        8 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for suggesting the addition of this capability. We have started testing this functionality in the US market and will be rolling it out more broadly in the coming months. If you have an account manager please follow up with them with additional questions.

• Change the language and market in an existing ad group

Currently, you can't change the language and marketing setting for an existing ad group. You can only set the language and market setting when you create a new ad group

277 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on the need for this capability. We are in the process of adding the capability to specify language at the campaign level and allow it to be modified.

• Ability to report on Account Level Search Impression Share directly within the interface, similar to Google AdWords

Currently, in order to view the account level Search Impression Share, one has to download a Share of Voice report in excel and then manually calculate the overall weighted-average Impression Share for the account. This process is quite lengthy, especially when compared to Google AdWords where you can see the overall avg search impression share straight within the interface. And its not just limited to account level, you can view campaign/adgroup/ keyword level impressio share for AdWords directly within the interface without downloading any reports!

This kind of visibility will save immense amount of time and will allow us to…

110 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m excited to announce that we’ve begun allowing customers to try out this feature in Bing Ads! By participating in this pilot, you’ll be able to see impression share metrics (impression share %, impression share lost due to bid/budget/rank/expected CTR/ad relevance) in the Accounts, Campaigns, Ad Groups, and Keywords grids.

If you are a managed customer, please talk to your AM to participate in this pilot. Otherwise, you may sign up here for the pilot — http://aka.ms/bingadsispilot.

If you have any more questions, please contact me at clailee@microsoft.com.

Thank you for using Bing Ads!

• Don't Limit The Number Of Ads or Keywords Viewable at the Account Level!

When at the account level in the Bing Ads interface, I often want to populate ALL of my keywords or ads but am limited by the error "Your account has more keywords than can be displayed, select a campaign to narrow down the scope."

This limits the analysis options that I can do on an account level from within the interface. I might want to quickly identify my top 10 conversion generating keywords accross all ad groups but in order to do so, I would have to download a report, which is a pain. Being able to populate and sort…

592 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              19 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Website Call Conversion Tracking

I would love to see the ability to track call conversions once a visitor has clicked my ad and been directed to my site and then makes a phone call.

This feature is explained in greater detail here: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2014/08/introducing-website-call-conversions.html

84 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • delete uet

Make it so I can delete old UET tags and conversion goals.

49 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  9 comments  ·  UET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • unsubscribe

Add an "unsubscribe" button to the bottom of your emails from service@bingads.com. I have unchecked every box in "my settings" and I STILL get those annoying things.

0 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for this feedback on how to make your experience with Bing Ads better. I’m sorry you’re still getting those despite checking the boxes. We’re working on ensuring all notifications are always of value to you and never distracting and I’ve followed up to help you unsubscribe.

Aurea

• Import Adgroups from a Google Account

It could be a nice idea to be able to import not only the Campaigns from Google, but also only specific Adgroups we select from those Campaigns.

91 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      Started  ·  Devang GandhiDevang Gandhi responded

Thanks for your feedback, we are currently looking into adding this feature. I’ll keep you updated.

• Desktop tool - Create a robust duplicate keyword analysis and optimization feature

Emulate AdWords Editor and create a show or fix duplicate keywords feature. And maybe even add in even more intelligence by showing which keywords are recommended to be kept and where (which campaigns/ad groups) those recommended keywords are recommended to be kept

36 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        Started  ·  Bing AdsBing Ads responded

Thanks for the suggestion. The team has started to investigate adding this feature.

• Please provide filter by Final URL! You recommend final urls, but there's no filter for it at any level :(

Please provide filter by Final URL! You recommend final urls, but there's no filter for it at any level :(

10 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          Started  ·  Jamie ChungJamie Chung responded

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re actively working on this to bring support in the web interface.

In the interim, we recommend to use Bing Ads Editor which has filtering + sorting support for Destination + Final + Mobile URLs.

• Ability to copy adgroup, ad, keywords from one campaign to another or between adgroups

Ability to copy adgroup, ad, keywords from one campaign to another or between adgroups. Particulary useful for setting up new campaigns for same vertical and making incremental changes

103 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base