How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Could we have automated Rules set up on Bing Ads like Google Adwords?

Google have launched automated rules 1 year ago and this does allow Advertisers and Agency to manage their campaigns more efficiently with time saving.
This feature was requested by an Agency and I believe we will have more requests coming in the next months. The reason for this is managing 2 platforms can be time consuming and in this feature is very useful.

Link with explanation: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sabrina MaraisSabrina Marais shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please add a feature to the interface which would allow rule automation to pause or activate an account on a certain day/time.  ·   · 
    Stacey VermaakStacey Vermaak shared a merged idea: automation  ·   · 
    Tiffany JordanTiffany Jordan shared a merged idea: automated alerts  ·   · 
    Pete TurnerPete Turner shared a merged idea: Provide a system to automatically update bids based on parameters entered  ·   · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alex phillips alex phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i feel that this would be a great addition to Bing. We use automated rules in Google and we seem to spend a lot more because we can push in the day and hold off in the evening and maximize ROI and in turn spend more money in the business hours as that is when we see more conversions.

• Kevin FlanneryKevin Flannery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Susan Palmer - I'm sorry but what exactly don't you understand? Google Adwords has allowed its users to set automated rules for specific ad groups and ads in order to...

1) Enable/Pause specific ad groups/ads at various times on a one time, daily, weekly, monthly basis.
        2) Automatically increase/decrease bids for ad groups set for a specific date or daily, weekly, monthly.

The ability to set automated rules for one time adjustments is an extremely useful feature that is great for holidays and big sales and makes campaign optimization very streamlined within Adwords. Unfortunately, Bing Ads completely fails at even coming close to offering the same features available by their direct competitor (Google Adwords). Your system remains outdated and frankly, unusable. You guys seem oblivious to this and that is the reason why many of your customers, including myself, will continue to give 98%-99% of the budget to Google Adwords while only giving 1% or 2% to Bing Ads.

Your system is terrible, your support admins no nothing about the product they are supposed to support and Bing Ads is always years behind Google Adwords in almost all regards. It's laughable at this point.

• Matthew NewportMatthew Newport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this automation setting ever going to be an option? Admin, I see you posted a response that is nearly irrelevant. How about you research your competitor - or better yet, sign up for an account with Adwords and you will understand why the automation options are such a valuable addition to your current setup. They allow you to create new rules automatically based on daily, weekly, monthly or yearly outcomes and so much more. This is definitely a hug necessity for anyone who controls a large amount of keywords and clientele flow and does not have 6 hours a day to specifically designate to reassigning keywords. With automation you would be able to make a rule that would compare the CPC to Conversion rates to optimize those keywords that are performing better then others. I will genuinely consider discontinuing my service with Bing Ads if they are not able to implement this simple improvement.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking for the same and have now found the automation settings... at least for enabling/disabling ads for specific times/days etc...

Campaign Settings -> Targeting Options -> Advanced Targeting Options -> Customise Days, Times, Demographics, Devices etc.

Hope this helps. :-)

I was looking for the same and have now found the automation settings...

Campaign Settings -> Targeting Options -> Advanced Targeting Options -> Customise Days, Times, Demographics, Devices etc.

Hope this helps. :-)

• Dhivya PadmanabhanDhivya Padmanabhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The automatic rules/notifications system in Google AdWords isn't very usable. But, at the very least users can find it and set them up. It looks like Bings Ads does not have this feature. If it does, it is incredible hard to find!

I'm not at work on Christmas, but almost all of my clients want their accounts to pause on Christmas and resume early on December 26. It's pretty easy to set up an automated rule in AdWords to make sure that happens. It would be helpful if Bing also had automated rules for that.

• Denis CazaDenis Caza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I'm trying to automate certain ads to be enabled on a Sunday which I can easily do in AdWords but can't find that functionality in Bing Ads.

Feedback and Knowledge Base