How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

When a customer's ads stop serving suddenly or does not serve at all.

When a customer's ads stop serving suddenly or does not serve at all, sometimes there are no disapprovals to show cause; therefore, adCenter needs to have an alert why; ie. No Privacy Policy, not enough keywords on landing page, no relevancy or poor quality and have links to send them to the appropriate pages on advertising.microsoft.com.

237 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kari EilrichKari Eilrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike C.Mike C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also suggest that if an account is being reviewed then change the status to "Under Review" or "On Hold" or something so we know there is an issue. An explanation for the reason would also be nice. Also, when it's resolved then to change the status back to "Active". The communication from the editorial team and painstakingly long time it takes to complete their review is horrible at best

• ManishManish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bing has the policy of not telling reason for what they are doing. I created a new account but wasnt able to login to it hours later I am being told the account has been closed without giving any reason just stating privacy policy and security reason. Was I trying to do any terrorist activities? The chat support also treated me in the same rude manner. Google adwords is far more superior when it comes to quality customer service.

• JannelleJannelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I am also experience this issue with a client account. And I have been on the phone with several representatives for the last month. My issue in not resolved. The Editorial team is slow, and they keep changing the reasons why my ads are disapproved. The lastest reason is keyword selection, and landing page relevancy. I have been in the industry 10 years. I have 3 landing pages to A/B, why is BING trying to tell me how to run my campaign? Optimization can only happen after you have data, traffic to understand what is working and what is not working. Why doesn't BING follow Google's lead and add a quality score to the landing page metric to penalize bad pages vs. telling you how to run your business.

Not happy with the experience. Please tell where I can send a formal written complaint in addition to this forum. Thanks

• Curt TimsahCurt Timsah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes - I have been asking for this for a long time. Problem is, Bing probably does not know either! =)

• Jiminy CricketJiminy Cricket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would go further. I would ask Microsoft to review any of their policies that prohibit or surpress ads at any given time. When an acceptable ad that DOES run at one time, but then doesn't run at another given time (resulting in, for example, no ads appearing at all, or at least less than what the space can allow for) doesn't serve anyone's interest. I speak hypocritically because I understand it is "nice" that a searcher at any given time can have results without being barraged with ads. But the background reason this happens at any given time is bizarre, and unnecessary baroque (read: too much algorithmical brain thinking going on in the Microsoft cubicles). If I'm being told my ad does not appear due to "under utilization" (of any of the keywords that would trigger the ad) just who is Microsoft to say that they get to decide what that utilization number is? Why is "one" searcher any more or less important to see my ad than some sort of vague "aggregate" of searchers?

Feedback and Knowledge Base