How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Real time reporting

Real time reporting (no 2 hour lag) so we can see immediately how changes affect costs and performance.

283 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mschmiedmschmied shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    budbud shared a merged idea: three hour delay to receive campaign stats needs to be shortened. how does a person manage their campaign with no stats for 3 hours  ·   · 
    alex phillips alex phillips shared a merged idea: Can we please have real time reporting within the interface.  ·   · 
    AshleyAshley shared a merged idea: Real-time/ Close to real-time reporting  ·   · 
    catsklgd1catsklgd1 shared a merged idea: Account sweeps only about occur once every 3 hours; more frequent sweeps would aid budget control.  ·   · 
    started  ·  Bing AdsAdminBing Ads (Bing Ads, Bing Ads) responded  · 

The team has started working on improving reporting lag to match the experience in competing paid search platforms.

Thanks for the suggestion and please keep the feedback coming.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alex phillips alex phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this needs to be done soon. it is a massive disadvantage and with my market i am in having to tailor bids to the market can happen many times a day.
        PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get this done quicker..

• Jignesh JoshiJignesh Joshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the real time is too far on bing. i updated my budget from $300 to $200 before i started the campaign i got bill of $288 and when i talked to executive the budget he said that the budget updated $200 is for tomorrow today it took $300 so you was charged $288.
        What a slow performance.

• Chris MelfiChris Melfi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

over two years this feature request thread was started and we still have a 4 hour delay on campaign statistics. im asked at least 10 times a day where we are in our campaigns, every time, I get crooked looks because I have to remind people that Bings reporting is garbage. why isnt this fixed. there are forum suggestions all over the net for real time reporting in Adcenter going back to 09, pathetic.

• Susan Palmer, Bing AdsAdminSusan Palmer, Bing Ads (Admin, Bing Ads) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for sharing your concerns, ABCG Trading Inc.

On Monday, August 30, 2011, adCenter experienced an outage that impacted the ability for advertisers to log-in to the UI, while ad serving and campaigns continued to run normally. In an effort to provide our advertisers a premium platform for their search campaigns, we conduct ongoing maintenance and feature enhancement updates. While the majority of updates are executed with no impact to advertisers, on occasion, unexpected issues may arise. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. We value your feedback on our reporting capabilities and will share it with the appropriate teams.

• catsklgd1catsklgd1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example: If I have a budget of $9 per day, and an account sweep (tallying funds spent) is done when I've spent $7.25, and then another tally isn't made for three hours, there is an excellent chance that my budget will be exceeded. By doing the account sweeps more frequently (perhaps hourly?) the chances of me exceeding my budget are greatly reduced. I am astounded that a site that has the capability of conducting millisecond auctions for keywords doesn't have the capability of monitoring a client's (after all, we are your clients) budget more accurately. It's interesting that while a customer with Yahoo Sponsored Search, my budget was almost never exceeded by more than the acceptable 10%, but since Microsoft merged with Yahoo, it happens regularly, and more to a 25-35% level.

• ABCG Trading IncABCG Trading Inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesterday I experimenting with new prices and around 6:00pm est I was trying to log in and see prices and I was unable to, I was unable to log in all night and even with my desktop tool, today I see a complete waste of funds on the ****** term then later today I see my cost for yesterday even go higher then it was in the morning. How can anyone tweak their pricing when the system reporting is so behind! When I was with Yahoo we would see about a 20 min delay and with MSN I'm see 12+ hours in this scenario? This is unfair as a customer and nor right. Does Adcenter have any plans on improving this performance or do we as paying customer just have to cross our fingers knowing we don't have real time control to the lagging reports / day prices.

• mschmiedmschmied commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently it takes anywhere from 2 to 6 hours to see what effect or impact changes we make have especially when we change bids and costs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base