How can we improve Bing Ads to create a better experience?

Enable Auto-Tagging of Destination URLs for Analytics Tracking

It would be great if we didn't have to manually code each destination URL just to get the data to track correctly in our web analytics. Since most small to medium sized businesses are not at the point where they will devote a portion of their marketing budget most of our clients utilize GA because it is free. creating a feature that would automate the tagging with UTM codes would be a big help for many many advertisers.

412 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James SvobodaJames Svoboda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    PaoloPaolo shared a merged idea: Create an easy tool to track Bing Ads traffic on Google Analytics c'mon!  ·   · 
    Erik MeersErik Meers shared a merged idea: Make Bing Ads Reporting Trackable On Google Analytics  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe MJoe M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great. One piece of additional feedback: It would be helpful if the default source/medium values of bing/cpc could be customized. I'm sure I'm not the only one with legacy values that are something else, and switching them now would make year-on-year reporting and other comparisons to past data painful for a while.

• JaradJarad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it were implemented where the user doesn't have to actually append UTM variables to the URL - meaning the Bing Ads system has a checkbox within campaign settings or even at the account level - that automatically assign UTM variables dynamically and the only Destination URLs in the account are clean straight URLs just as is the case on Google - this would make importing so much easier!! Especially to sync Bing Ads with Google.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I was on the phone yesterday about dynamically generating campaign name tags rather than campaign ID numbers, and it wasn't possible. Syncing tags up with Analytics would solve a ton of problems, make Analytics data much more accurate, and decrease the workload when creating new ads or mirroring them from Google.

• Alice StarsAlice Stars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would mean there would be so many more ads run on Bing if they would do this simple little enhancement

• Bonzo FlabulousBonzo Flabulous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add that this is the #1 holdup in situation where our adCenter account manager is saying 'I can migrate campaigns from AdWords for you' and I say 'um, not yet, no, I gotta do some tagging on them first'.

• Tamara MeierTamara Meier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And allow the autotagging to differentiate between Bing or Yahoo as well, please. We currently manually tag URLs, but have no way of segregating Bing PPC traffic from Yahoo.

• Roger SikesRoger Sikes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature that would reduce the amount of time spent on creating new campaigns.

Feedback and Knowledge Base